Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Rejoice! Anthropologie is coming to Durham!

Ikea in Charlotte... now Anthropologie soon to be in Durham... what's next, Bluefly in my backyard?! Lookin' good, North Carolina! And hey, to all you people from bigger cities out there... don't snicker! I grew up in a town where we drove TWO HOURS to come to Raleigh and go to stores like Macy's and Gap... so this is definitely making it big time!


Anway, although I had heard a while back that Anthropologie was coming to the triangle, and then to Durham, a friend of mine texted me today and said, "Anthropologie is coming to Southpoint!!" thus reigniting my excitement all over again. While I was reading up about Anthropolgie's plans to open up shop, I came across a reference to a store at Cameron Village in Raleigh called fab'rik. Heralded as the dream-come-true of "budget consious fashionistas" (I am definitely at least the former!), fab'rik was described as "a mix of Anthropologie and H&M -- an unassuming, comfortable shopping environment with trendy, affordable clothes."


A little snooping on their website reveals that fab'rik is based in Atlanta, with four stores in Georgia, one in Raleigh, one in Richmond, and one in Austin, TX. Hmm... I'm going to have to check it out for myself next time I have time to pop over to Raleigh for shopping purposes.


In the meantime... this has prompted me to want to start two new ongoing themes of posts. 1) Unique places to shop in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Raleigh, and Durham; and 2) stores and websites similar to Anthropologie with lower prices. So, be looking out for those in the future! And share your own finds... any Anthropologie-esque brands or stores out there? Awesome little shops in the Triangle? Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! They have some great sales in person - much better than online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to know! I definitely didn't know that since I've only been to Anthropologie on trips to NYC, DC, etc.

    ReplyDelete